Phu Quoc is the ideal place for a spot of fishing with and there are plenty of opportunities to sit back and relax. The people of Phu Quoc depend heavily on fishing for there livelihood and of course for the production of their famous fish sauce which is exported around world. Check out your fishing options below, and enjoy yourself.
Looking for something different, why not try a spot of night fishing for squid. Nearly very tour operator on the island runs sunset and night squid fishing tours, some run for 2 hours while others can last up to 4 hours and include a chance to BBQ your squid right on the boat. It is a great and unique experience so visit our Tour Operators listing. Like any tour, night squid fishing can be easy organised once you arrive on Phu Quoc.
This is a challenging approach, however with a little work, there are some of opportunities to try some Do It Yourself fishing. Here’s a quick few ideas of how to go about this on Phu Quoc;
- With a little searching around town, you should be able to find some fishing line along with hooks, floats and sinkers, try the local markets or some of the supply stores.
- Check with your guest house or a restaurant if they are able to cook your fish (if you catch one of course). Most smaller guest houses and local restaurants will be more than happy to do this or provide a hot grill plate to BBQ your catch.
- Remember to buy some bait at the local market, there’s plenty of squid or small fish available.
- Find a good fishing spot;
– This could be a remote beach or rock platform where your motorbike takes you;
– Search around either Duong Dong or An Thoi Town and hire a small fishing boat and driver to take you out onto the open water where you’re chances improve immensely.
- Remember to take a hat, it’s hard work.